Where Can I Submit My Work To Be Featured?
Getting your photography work featured is a nice accomplishment, but is also beneficial for your business.
Why You Should Submit Your Work
Sharing your work through your own website and other platforms may seem like the obvious way to showcase your work, but submitting your work to publications also has its advantages. Having a feature on a website that has a lot of online traffic increase the chances of your ideal client finding you/your work. Whenever a publication features you online, they will typically link back to your website. These backlinks help to improve your search engine optimization (SEO) so that you’re easier to find on Google. In addition to the business benefits, being featured is also a nice accomplishment and is a testament to your skill as a photographer.
How To Find Blogs To Submit To
Do your research. Find blogs and other publications that show work that caters to your ideal client. For instance, if you’re a family photographer, you’ll want to look into blogs and magazines that are heavily subscribed to by parents. If you’re a wedding photographer, target your search to wedding blogs and magazines. Pay attention to the types of photos they showcase on their website — is the style consistent, is there a variety of photos in each set, etc.? Another tool for connecting with publications is through Two Bright Lights. Two Bright Lights is a subscription service that connects you to over 400+ publications. The process is simple: you upload your photos, select which publications you want to submit to, and wait for word from the editor on your approval status. Two Bright Lights is helpful because their platform allows you to see specifically what the editors are requesting. This helps you narrow your lists of places to submit to. However, if you want to submit your photos the traditional way, look up the submission process for each of the publications you’re interested in.
Where Should I Submit My Work To Be Featured?
Here’s where our Queens have recently been featured:
- Black Southern Belle – a lifestyle brand focused on all things fashion, style, home decor and Southern
- Munaluchi Bridal – multicultural wedding publication catering to women of color
- Catalyst Wedding Co – online publication discussing love, sex, weddings, and marriage for feminists, the LGBTQ community, and woke folk
- Huffington Post Weddings – Big News on Real Weddings. Includes blogs, news, and community conversations about Real Weddings
- Chic Brown Bride – wedding and lifestyle blog for women of color
- A Low Country Wedding – Premier guide for Charleston, Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach and Savannah Weddings
- Ebony – one of the oldest African American magazines
- How He Asked by The Knot – real marriage proposal stories, photos and videos
- PPA Magazine – Photography magazine featuring articles for pros; Including photography tutorials
, business tips for photographers, photography equipment reviews
- Lemonade and Lenses – created out of the desire to find a place where photographers, from beginners to seasoned pros, could share, learn, and grow
That’s right! You can submit your portrait sessions, engagement sessions, and weddings to The Queen Photographers to be featured. Just be sure to fill out this form along with a link to your photos!
Featured photo courtesy of Denise Benson Photography